Monday, November 3, 2008

1 hr of internet = priceless

now that the tears have dried up, leaving nothing but glassy red eyes and salty lines down my face, i have a couple minutes (ok, an hour) to kill... which is why telus has made an astounding $10.50 off of their newest customer... did you know that the vancouver airport has free wireless internet?! or someone correct me of its latest status, but 2-ish years ago when i was last there it did. so why is it that the dump calgary calls its international airport, is charging me to fill my time since they don't even have the news playing on the tvs to help me pass these lonely couple of minutes until i jump on a germ-infested travel bomb?? ok, that was the sad-blogger who just said farewell to her man speaking... i really just wanted to check in, and the fact remains, everyone has to make a buck these days, especially considering the instability of today's economy... oh wait, i just read on the yyc-tv (nope, not actual tv, just digital factoids streaming across a screen that not-so-secretly wishes it was playing a hockey game, seinfeld re-run, or at the very least, the news) that nintendo, in spite of the tightening purse strings of civilians worldwide, has still had a record breaking year... thank-you wii! now not only will gamer-millionaires still prosper, young children will learn how to play tennis and practice yoga virtually... which is kinda ironic since their parents probably won't be able to send them to real lessons cause they have lost their retirement with the plummeting value of oil... gotta love wii!

anyways, i am off. as part of the sequence of events that i call my 'master plan', i am headed to the land of alpine skiing research, to learn from the best, push through the desolate land that has become of my phd, and remind myself how lucky i am that my choices thus far have only bettered my life, enriched it. this trip will bring life (read: greenery, fresh morning humidity in the tropics, birds singing, flowers blooming) to my thesis, all in the push to complete this phd. the snow shall fall, the skiers shall race, and i my friends, will be home in a flash with a whole story of data!

i think i have used 13 minutes of my 60... do i get the other 47 back?

No comments:

Post a Comment